Contour Financial, Inc., an independent financial planning and Registered Investment Advisor firm, is committed to safeguarding the confidential information of its clients. We hold all personal information provided to our firm in the strictest confidence. These records include all personal information that we collect in connection with any of the services provided by Contour Financial, Inc. We have never disclosed information to nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by law, and do not anticipate doing so in the future. If we were to anticipate such a change in firm policy, we would be prohibited under the law from doing so without advising the client first. We use health and financial information to help the individual meet personal financial goals while guarding against any real or perceived infringements of privacy. Our policy with respect to personal information is listed below.
- We limit employee and agent access to information only to those who have a business or professional reason for knowing, and only to nonaffiliated parties as permitted by law. (For example, federal regulations permit us to share a limited amount of information with a brokerage firm in order to execute securities transactions on a client’s behalf, or so that our firm can discuss a financial situation with a client’s accountant or lawyer.)
- We maintain a secure office and computer environment to ensure that information is not placed at unreasonable risk.
- The categories of nonpublic personal information that we collect from a client depend upon the scope of the client engagement. It will include information about personal finances, information about health to the extent that it is needed for the planning process, information about transactions between the client and third parties, and information from consumer reporting agencies.
- For unaffiliated third parties that require access to personal information, including financial service companies, consultants, and auditors, we also require strict confidentiality in our agreements with them and expect them to keep this information private. Federal and state regulators also may review firm records as permitted under law.
- We do not provide personally identifiable information to mailing list vendors or solicitors for any purpose.
- Personally identifiable information will be maintained during the time an individual is a client, and for the required time thereafter that such records are required to be maintained by federal and state securities laws. After this required period of record retention, all such information will be destroyed.
- Any employee that leaves the employment of Contour Financial shall not take or disclose any information to any person, firm, corporation or association or any other entity for any reason.